If you were to build your dream home and money were not object, what would you build? You could build it as big and as nice as you wanted. I would have the best granite counter tops. It would have the absolutely biggest laundry room, master bedroom closet and bathroom. I would have this huge kitchen opened up to this huge den, perfect for entertaining friends and family. I would build it to meet my needs, my dreams with so much more! It would be the perfect home for me if money were no object.
The other day Pastor Chris said something that messed me up. I have been thinking about it ever since. God created us for Him. I have always heard that we were created in His image. That alone is a mind boggling thought. I started to just let this thought sink in: the Creator of the universe decided to create man to worship and fellowship with Him. And I started to think if I could create something just for me and I could do anything, make it anyway I wanted, wouldn't I make the absolutely best thing that I had ever made. I am making something for me wouldn't it meet my specifications and my desires? Wouldn't it have the total capability to do the thing I created it to do?
That is what God did. We are the Lord's best creation, created for Him! He gave us everything we need to please Him! We were made in His image. Even though we mess up, Jesus made it possible for us to do that thing we were created to do! "For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:10
I love Psalm 139, it is one of my favorites. It reminds me how wonderful we are all made! How the Creator of the universe has thoughts about me!
13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts, God!
How vast is the sum of them!
18 Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand—
Let me tell you whenever you think you are not worthy, you're nothing, you're a failure, etc. just remember you were created with this awesome purpose, created by God for God. You were made in the Creator's image. God doesn't make any junk!
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne. Think of all the hostility he endured from sinful people; then you won’t become weary and give up. Hebrews 12:1-3 NLT
No comments:
Post a Comment